The Admiralty Arch forms a gateway between Trafalgar Square and The Mall. It was built in 1910 as a tribute to Queen Victoria. There are three archways. The outer two are open to traffic but the middle one is only used during royal processions from Buckingham Palace.
It reads: (In the tenth year of King Edward VII, to Queen Victoria, from most grateful citizens, 1910)
Short URL for this post: http://tmblr.co/ZvDBBy69iuqj